Saturday, February 28, 2009

Gloria gave me the book Disappointment with God by Philip Yancey in December, but i never read it till today.I have 2 other books by PY but they didnt impact me much at that point of time. (not that they are not well written, but it prolly didnt answer my thoughts or needs during that period) But indeed the book sets me thinking..

Sufferings world-wide have always been present, and the question of ' If there is a God, why is there suffering?' is not new. If one day, someone were to challenge my faith, am i able to defend it? How do i gently explain everything? Sth like " Trust in the Father's Heart" works for me, but it will definitely not be easily received by many who have been thru extremely tough circumstances.

Nevertheless, I am only 15% thru the book and i am enjoying the new insights provided by py :)

No comments: