Thursday, August 14, 2008

A different window.

After 3 days of waking up early for sch, i finally got to sleep in today! :) Collected my biopass at ICA before i met my mum for Money No Enough2 @ J8. Ate together at the interchange before gg home too :)

Initially i thought Money No Enough2 would be another cliche attempt of Jack Neo to poke fun at the government, but after watching the movie with my mum today, i found it surprisingly good. I didnt enjoy the parts they kept mocking the ERP system cuz the costs of living has to rise and this is inevitable. But perhaps by thinking in this way I am being unfair to the folks who struggle to scrimp and save every cent. Nevertheless, i personally enjoyed the scenes that tug at the heartstring of mine, a true-bred Singaporean Chinese. It provided a window to look at the society differently and reminded me to treasure kinship, sth that we often take for granted.

I liked the scene where the mother and wife of the eldest son reassured him that his value in their hearts that would not be diminished by his failure in his career. It also reminded of our value in God's heart. The pastor from FOP said that every child of God is graded 10/10 in His heart. A constant 10. How cool is that :)

No comments: