Tuesday, June 30, 2009

the power of His love.



Yesterday after Essenausgabe, nat shared with me her mum's testimony about God. Totally inspired by the part that God led a prof whom she didnt come into contact with at all, to sponsor her education, i shared her testimony with Dave when i reached home. He listened with an open heart, but added that christianity has 'good values...just like other religions'. I know it takes a personal encounter with God to be really convicted that God is real but i know the seed i sow is not in vain.

Today we had cell by the lake again cuz the weather was great:) Signs that summer has reached its peak are that my heater is super weak now ( cant dry my clothes fast ), i open my windows more widely, i walk arnd without the jacket...and german gals are in their skirts, german guys are in their berms. Benny brought the newspapers along and shared a few news that we cld pray about. i said my 2nd prayer in german..hahas i think the number of german prayers i say in a group can be counted with a hand but it cant be helped as i take a longer time to adapt to everything. :l

And just now, i listened to coos sermon by pastor vic. So many parts that he said struck a chord in me ..like having this mini revelation some time ago that the power of Jesus's resurrection is in me and that it helps me overcome any situations..and the part that 'when life is difficult, its cuz God lives us'. He was very true in saying that it is only in times of brokeness that we learn and remember. And towards the end, i cldn help but to cry. It was tears of being overwhelmed by God's love, tears when i rmb of God's faithfulness :)

Thank You God.

No comments: