Tuesday, June 16, 2009

More precious than gold or silver

Went for cell today and i thoroughly enjoyed the praise and worship session. I love how every phrase in worship songs express the character of God, one that is full of love, grace, glory, power, majesty, etc. I love how phrases also express who i have experienced God's love and works in my life. Love the opportunity to praise and worship God with fellow bro and sis in Christ as well. :)

I also said my first prayer in german today. I was prompted to pray a few times but chickened out cuz i know my german prayers wld prob be slow and broken. Anws during the last round of prayers, we prayed for the pastoral team and Dirk urged me to pray. So i spoke an incoherent prayer that was full of lingustic mistakes. That aside, i was in fact happy that Dirk nudged me to pray in german in the group cuz it helped me overcome the inertia in me. Besides, i know that God knows what i meant and listens to my prayers..so the main aim is achieved! :P

As i was reflecting today, i saw how i relied more on God during this period, how i communicated more with God, more i learnt to continually trust Him, find rest in Him, draw strength from Him, etc. What amazing grace, that i can enjoy such a precious relationship with our heavenly Father thru Jesus.

No comments: