Wednesday, September 17, 2008

God would say, i love you just the way u are.

I enjoy talking to Robinaa from my german class because she has this endearing and bubbly disposition that makes me gravitate towards her. Then today i found out that she's penta-lingual! She can speak English, German, Swedish, French and Chinese. How cool is that.. esp when her command of the first 3 languages is really good. She has exciting experiences in New Zealand (where she grew up in ), Germany, Sweden and currently in Singapore. There are just many things that admittedly make me really envious and i somwhow wished i grew up being more 'international'.... and today i also found out that Michelle got the DUO award for her exchange! ( It's a super duper attractive scholarship that's interview-free and valued at 4,000 euros!! I applied for it but didnt get it.sigh. ) Once again, i was like wow.. how i wished...

Then again, i knew the way i felt was wrong. If God were to speak, i am pretty sure He would be telling me how unique He has made each one of us. I have focused so many of the wow-factors in the lives of others that i have took the blessings in my life for granted. I have failed to appreciate the beauty of my own life that's crafted by God our creator.

Anws, the recent spate of affairs like Merril Lynch being bought by the Bank of America..and AIG that almost collapsed but was saved by the US gov drew my attention to the complicated US market.. the way economics functions intrigues me and currently i cant grasp the concepts like subprime mortgage market, credit crunch, the US housing bubble, etc. Gosh, i should find Jie to link everything up and explain to me in simple, idiot-proof terms :D

No comments: