Thursday, June 12, 2008

water and joy.

As i was swimming towards the end of the pool, i saw this familiar tall, toned physique standing by the pool, looking for a strategic lane to swim in.

It was.. MR YONG.

YES, Mr yong. As usual, he came from canoeing training at macritchie for his swim. I never understood where his boundless source of energy comes from. I called out to him and we chatted. But after that, i started to wonder whether he really recognised me or talked to me as an ex-canoeist. First becuz i was wearing a swim cap and goggle, secondly cuz i graduated 3 years ago. How possible is it that he remembers a jasmin whom he taught 3 years ago? Nevertheless, he told me that he was training for a 3000 laps swim in 2 years time. I was shocked, 3000 laps?!??!?! I dont think i have ever clocked that distance in my lifetime.

He swam breaststroke throughout and i had to swim freestyle to match up with his after-canoeing-breaststroke speed for the last few lap. I just felt so invigorated seeing a familiar face and that motivated me to swim a lil faster than my usual snail pace. At the end of my swim, my face was a lil warm and that was the feeling i always get after morning runs in jc. I have never felt that way for ages cuz i have been slacking! hahahas. It sure felt god to have swim beyond my comfort..or rather super-slack zone for that few laps!

2 comments:

shumin said...

hahaha the mr.yong-effect is deeply ingrained in njcanoeists. you just can't slack with him around. :p

me... said...

OMG i love Mr yong.

he sacrificed so much for a us, his job even, i cant believe how so many people can say so much bad things about him. i got really sad and pissed when i read those messages...

he is so so so great!!!! cant believe it!!!